Wednesday 22 August 2012

Minister K Shanmugam's racist complainant

Here is Shanmugam expressing shock that one of resident complaining to him in an email is making racist remarks at another neighbor of a differnt race:

Mr Shanmugam wrote: “He then listed other Indians whom he found unpleasant - the Indian man smoking in the lift, the Indian woman with her dog, and his daughter’s Indian neighbour who walks around in a sarong, and said that he didn’t want his grandson growing up looking at Indian men in sarong.”

If I say I have an Chinese neighbor stinks does not bath every day and is untidy...likes to take of his shirt and show his bare-body or goes around in singlet...I hate another Chinese feller smoking at the stairwell all day. Then there is another Chinese feller who walks his dog everywhere and the dog pees here and there. Because I'm also Chinese, I'm not racist....but if I'm a non-Chinese, my complaints becomes racist.

Looks like the racist accusation in itself is racist!!!! There is a presumption of racism simply because a person of one race complains about a person/people of another race....if both are same race and the complaints are exactly the same, the complainant is not racist. The writer did not say all people of such a race have such a behavior but that specific behavior of people of certain people who happen to be of the same race around his neighborhood.

I would like to ask the Shanmuggum to wake up his idea....opps am I now a racist because I'm speaking against an Indian minister...sorry I didn't even notice his race just his lack of logic !     

No comments:

Post a Comment