Thursday 12 April 2012

What one Hougang resident told me....


Yesterday I was adjusting one of the posters already put up. By coincidence I was wearing blue but not the WP tee shirt. A man in his 50s walk up to me and asked me if I'm from the WP. I said no, I'm not a WP member just volunteer hands and legs to help out in the election. I then asked the man whether he is WP supporter. He said "Of course! This time SURE VOTE for the WP!". I asked him why? This is what he said to me.

We all better wake up or we will all end up like the Comfort taxi driver who was killed in the Ferrari accident last week. He means it in a figurative sense. We will be overrun by the way the PAP does things before we realise it will be too late. Just like the taxi driver who never imagined his life will be taken away from him. PAP is powerful and big like the Ferrari and like to step on the accelerator to make GDP grow very fast to make their companies grow very fast for high profits, cost of living e.g housing also rocket up like high spped Ferrari. Ordinary Singaporeans aversely affected are the collateral damage in their policy formulation like the taxi driver. The opposition are the brakes of the Ferrari. If the brakes are not working this Ferrari will go very fast and cannot stop properly. Taking the opposition out of HG is like wearing off the brake linings. The Comfort taxi had no air bags just like Singapore has little social safety net. When the hardtimes comes, our families will suffer not the ones who cause the hardtimes, they are well taken care of.

That is why he feels compelled to vote for the WP on 26 May 2012.

I shook his hand and said THANK YOU. If not for the people of HG, Anson, Potong Pasir and Aljunied, we would have all been overrun by PAP policies and crushed by it long time ago. WP cannot lose at HG because Singaporeans cannot lose. Once the PAP wins a clean slate, the Ferrarri has no brakes and all we can do is pray we are in the 2nd taxi and not the oen that went first. But at that stage .....you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment